Research Associate Pre-Clinical Development - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Research Associate Pre-Clinical Development is a hands-on person responsible, for in vitro and in vivo tests and investigations in the field of immunotherapy.
- This position provides also input on the implementation, optimization and validation of new (innovative) methods.
- This position reports into the Pre-Clinical Lead.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Primary responsibilities will be to perform, under general supervision, a variety of routine and specialized laboratory tests and animal experiments, specimen preparations and experimental procedures and will assist in the use of specialized laboratory equipment and analysis of data generated by this equipment:
- Cell culture of mouse and human cell lines and of murine and human primary cells;
- Animal (mice) studies (tumor models);
- Analysis of harvested cells (tumor cells, immune cells) using techniques such as flow cytometry, ELISA, ELISPOT, CTL assay
- Assist in the development of new techniques/assays;
- Participate in the maintenance of equipment and lab areas;
- Maintain appropriate files related to ongoing experiments. Maintain a detailed lab book;
- Help to troubleshoot experimental techniques, analyzing the data and reporting the experimental results;
- Inventory management and ordering of laboratory supplies.
Professional BS in Laboratory Techniques or MS in Biomedical Sciences or related field or equivalent relevant laboratory experience.
- Minimum of two years of relevant laboratory experience (can be both academic or industrial);
- Broad technical expertise and mastering of several laboratory techniques;
- Experience and interest in animal handling is a must;
- Working knowledge of good laboratory practices (GLP) and lab quality assurance practices is a plus.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented and accurate in following instructions, record keeping and completion of reports;
- Able to perform experimental trouble-shooting and propose technical solutions;
- Scientific integrity;
- Good knowledge of English;
- Good communication skills;
- Well organized, well-structured, hands-on, result focused;
- Able to work under stringent time lines;
- Ability to foster teamwork and a collaborative atmosphere;
- Enthusiastic, flexible and able to multitask;
- Understanding of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- An exciting job in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment with room for personal development;
- Employment contract of unlimited duration with a competitive salary package.