This job is currently Archived,
Research Associate - Brazil
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 10 February 2017
- Our company has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us on this journey.
- Our company is the world’s leading developer and supplier of advanced plant genetics to farmers in more than 90 countries.
- Our mission to maximize productivity of the world’s farmland is based on and enabled by world class science and multi-disciplinary research that is conducted by more than 1000 researchers world-wide.
- For our growing efforts in Data Science and Informatics (DSI), we are expanding our high performance computing team and are currently looking for a Research Associate preferably with experience in supporting research and scientific computing.
- This role will support efforts in the areas of Plant Breeding and Field Technologies Innovation and Operations (FTIO) – a fast-paced research area exploring and developing new technologies and strategies to deliver the next generation of plant research and beyond.
- Deliver exemplary training and support in the use of software and database applications.
- Collaborate with DSI, Breeding, and FTIO groups globally to enable the deployment of necessary systems and applications.
- Collaborate with software development staff to provide solutions, validating and testing newly developed software.
- Facilitate information management by analyzing research needs and providing ad-hoc data analysis and reporting.
- Participate in station activities to gain/expand knowledge of research user duties and better understand and enable researchers to use software to complete those duties.
- Generate alternative solutions for the IM needs of researchers through imaginative use of exiting tools.
- 65% of time will be dedicated to FTIO; 35% of time will be dedicate to Breeding.
- Up to 20% of national and international travel for trainings, deployments, and meetings is possible.
- M.S. degree in Plant genetics/Plant breeding, Agronomy, Information Management or equivalent amount of relevant education and experience, or B.S. degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the agricultural industry is preferred but not required.
Competencies & Experience Desired:
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Experience in data management, analysis and reporting tools.
- Knowledge of work flow processes and process improvement.
- Capable of working with complex quantities of data and analyses, including the ability to extract, summarize, and report large amounts of data using software tools
- Experience or expertise in field-based breeding of hybrid & varietal crops, genetic mapping or molecular breeding, plant pathology, agronomy.
- Knowledge and experience in global business application deployment and support.
- Direct Research application experience is preferred
- Familiarity with information security of a Research organization.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fully bilingual in Portuguese and English is preferred.