Research Associate - United States
Dupont Biosciences (company)
The Genomics team at DuPont Pioneer is looking to hire a Research Associate to support next generation sequencing technologies such as Illumina and Pacific Biosciences. This RA will be an integral part of the sequencing operations team, which includes operating and maintaining sequencing platforms, quality control of DNA fragment libraries for sequencing, real time monitoring of sequencing runs, and communication of sample status to collaborators and team members. This RA will also have opportunities to prepare DNA and RNA samples for a variety of next generation sequencing assays as needed. Daily responsibilities will include:
- Prioritization of daily sequencing schedule with supervisor and other team members
- Loading and real time monitoring of Illumina sequencing instruments
- Quality control of DNA fragment libraries for sequencing
- Managing inventory for next generation sequencing reagents
- Reporting of instrument issues to team and external engineers
- Reporting of data quality and status to data scientists
- Enzymatic manipulations of nucleic acids for sequencing preparation
- Real time entry of sample information in laboratory information management system
- Bachelors Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field
- A minimum of 0 to 2 years of related research experience, or equivalent amount of relevant education and experience
- Experience and working knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques such PCR, gel electrophoresis, and nucleic acid characterization are desired.
- Experience working in medium to high throughput environments and knowledge of next generation sequencing platforms, specifically Illumina, would be an asset.
- The ability to work independently based on sample and project deadlines, identify problems and communicate them to supervisors in a timely manner is required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and good computer skills are essential. Experience with DNA analysis tools and statistics are desirable.