We are seeking an experienced Research Associate II for our Discovery site located in Worcester, MA.
The individual in this position will be involved in all aspects of studies supporting the in vivo services group. This position is hands-on with responsibilities including, but not limited to animal husbandry, animal handling and restraint, administration via various routes, clinical observations, sample collection and processing, and accurate data collection.
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research Associate II position.
- Education: High school diploma or General Equivalent Degree (G.E.D.). Bachelor’s preferred (B.S) or equivalent in animal or life science or related discipline.
- Experience: 6 months to 1 year related experience in animal research and/or husbandry or must have fully satisfied technical and experience requirements for the previous level.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure:ALAT preferred.
- Other:Ability to handle common laboratory species. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to coworkers and supervisors. Proficient in basic technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment. Knowledge of GLPs and other federal regulations and guidelines relating to the care of laboratory animals. Basic understanding of study design and protocols.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet