ucb is a fast-moving global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases affecting the immune and central nervous systems. with more than 7,700 people in approximately 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 4.2 billion in 2016. ucb invests more than 25% of revenue in cutting-edge scientific research with the objective of solving unmet patient needs. we have a passionate, long-term commitment to the discovery and development of innovative medicines that transform the lives of people with severe diseases. at ucb everything we do starts with a simple question: “how will this make a difference to the lives of people living with severe diseases?” we do that by connecting with patients and their families around the world living with the physical and social burdens of severe disease of the immune system and the Central nervous system. those connections offer new perspectives, drive Innovation, and offer the hope of a new generation of therapies that will help to transform lives.
we are seeking a Research associate Lab-based Scientist with responsibility for the development and prosecution of In Vitro biochemical and cellular Assays to support Drug Discovery in targeted Protein degradation.
primary responsibilities of the position:
- execution of functional/cellular approaches to evaluate targeted Protein degradation including assessment of target and e3 ligase biology, ubiquitin proteasome pathway, complex Protein dynamics and downstream function in physiologically and biochemically relevant Assays.
- Lab based Scientist responsible for execution of different Assays to successfully progress Drug Discovery projects (nce/nbe) under aggressive timelines.
- work closely with senior scientists to provide support in executing research and experiments to support projects and platform.
Education and experience:
- bs/MSc in applicable field or equivalent experience gained through industry.
- 1-2 years of applicable research experience, with excellent scientific track record.
- experience with Cellular Biology techniques including but not limited to cellular Assays, Mammalian Cell Culture, biotinylation Assays, Fluorescence/brightfield imaging and high content Analysis.
- direct experience with the prosecution of a range of In Vitro cell-based Assays. this will include experience of Analysis and Statistics relevant to In Vitro screens. experience with relevant Software tools, and Automation will be an advantage.
- ability to thrive in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- experience with the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway including monitoring the ubiquitin-proteasome and autophagy system and Protein-Protein interaction complex dynamics are a plus.
- Neuroscience and/or Immunology background is a plus.
- understanding of Protein Biochemistry, recombinant Proteins and tagging schemes and Protein biophysical Characterization.
- experience with Small molecules/ligands/therapeutics in a pharma/biotech environment.
- background with functional Genomics and Proteomics a plus.
Find a Job Find Candidates