Research Associate II - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Bio-Rad's Digital Biology Center (DBCC) located in Cambridge, MA, is developing the only fully-integrated DNA sequencing platform. DNA sample preparation and sequencing is fully automated using a microfluidic lab on a chip instrument. We develop assays to aid in identification of genetic changes prevalent in cancer and other genetic disorders. We favor candidates who enjoy working in a creative, collaborative, and multi-disciplined team environment incorporating Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, and Engineering.
We are looking for an experienced Research Associate to join our Molecular Biology R&D team. In this position you will be responsible for participating in the development of assays and applications tailored for the DBCC novel next-generation sequencing platform.
- Take an active role in developing molecular biology assays
- Take an active role in developing sequencing applications
- Test and optimize biochemical reactions integral to technology development
- Identify and troubleshoot problems in experimental design
- Summarize and present experimental data
- Team oriented execution, design and development of nucleic acid laboratory-assays for the DBCC platform
- Be highly committed to deliver results in aggressive commercial timelines
- Interact and work collaboratively with the engineering and bioinformatics groups
- Prepare technical summaries and present experimental results
- Generate SOPs and quality control documents for the molecular biology department
- Train and transfer SOPs to the DBCC manufacturing department
- Required Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs or similar including Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and written skills.
- Self-starter, independent worker.
- Proficiency in molecular biology laboratory techniques and in the use of laboratory equipment and materials including PCR, electrophoresis, and various enzymatic reactions
- Strong organizational skills
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, biology, genetics or related field
- At least 1 year of industry experience
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Location
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- DBCC Molecular Biology (10544)
- Position Type