- The individual in this position will be involved in all aspects of studies supporting the in vivo services group.
- This position is hands-on with responsibilities including, but not limited to animal husbandry, animal handling and restraint, administration via various routes, clinical observations, sample collection and processing, and accurate data collection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform in vivo technical and husbandry procedures including animal receipt.
- Test material administration via various routes
- Provide quality care and health monitoring for all animals.
- Assist with the collection and processing of biological samples according to appropriate protocol and SOP requirements
- Clearly and accurately record study, treatment and facility data
- Input and review electronic data entries.
- Ensure that raw data records are accurate, complete and in appropriate order
- Assist with SOP review, development and improvement.
- Use GLPs, SOPs, processes and company policies when performing all job functions.
- Interact with veterinary staff to convey and assist with animal health issues
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or General Equivalent Degree (G.E.D.). Associate’s preferred (B.S) or equivalent in animal or life science or related discipline.
Experience: Zero to six months related experience in animal research and/or husbandry or must have fully satisfied technical and experience requirements for the previous level.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Certification/Licensure: ALAT preferred.
- Ability to handle common laboratory species.
- Effective communication and listening skills in a teamwork environment.
- Excellent organization skills enabling effective management of multiple, concurrent tasks and priorities.
- Proficient in basic technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment.
- Knowledge of GLPs and other federal regulations and guidelines relating to the care of laboratory animals.
- Basic understanding of study design and protocols.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet