Research Associate I (Temporary) - United States
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate.
- The candidate’s responsibilities will include cloning, PCR, maintenance of cell lines, transfection and cell based assays, AAV production, transduction and characterization.
- An individual able to work efficiently across multiple projects.
- An enthusiastic and organized individuals who approach experiments with scientific rigor and are comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- 2+ years of molecular and cell biology laboratory experience in industry or academia
- Evidence of proficiency with molecular biology and in vitro cells based techniques including PCR, cloning, cell culture, transfections and cell-based assays
- Attention to details and positive “can do” attitude toward assigned responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Analytical, self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to clearly understand complex concepts and laboratory procedures
- Proficient in MS Office, Snapgene and other commonly used software.
- Experience working with AAV vectors, gene therapy, virology, and cell line development
- Experience working in an industry setting
- B.S. or M.S. in Life sciences, Biology, or related field