This job is currently Archived,
Research Associate I (Temporary) - United States
Posted on : 24 June 2017
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate.
- The candidate’s responsibilities will include cloning, PCR, maintenance of cell lines, transfection and cell based assays, AAV production, transduction and characterization.
- An individual able to work efficiently across multiple projects.
- An enthusiastic and organized individuals who approach experiments with scientific rigor and are comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- 2+ years of molecular and cell biology laboratory experience in industry or academia
- Evidence of proficiency with molecular biology and in vitro cells based techniques including PCR, cloning, cell culture, transfections and cell-based assays
- Attention to details and positive “can do” attitude toward assigned responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Analytical, self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to clearly understand complex concepts and laboratory procedures
- Proficient in MS Office, Snapgene and other commonly used software.
- Experience working with AAV vectors, gene therapy, virology, and cell line development
- Experience working in an industry setting
- B.S. or M.S. in Life sciences, Biology, or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.