Research Associate I (Temporary) - United States
The mission of Translational Biology is to conduct preclinical translational research evaluating potential therapeutics for severe rare diseases with unmet medical needs. We help provide proof-of-concept preclinical data in relevant disease models and data for understanding of mechanisms of action for these potential therapeutics.
The research associate will partner closely with a team of scientists from translation biology to provide technical assistance and support. He/She will primarily be responsible for sample receiving, sample preparation, tissue extraction and perform routine assays to assess pharmacokinetics, efficacy and mechanism of action of potential therapeutics.
- Sample receiving and management.
- Make protein lysates and DNA and RNA from cells and tissues samples
- Performing assays including but not limited to enzymatic activity, ELISA, PCR and western blot
- Maintain and expand cell culture
- Record and notebook keeping
- Experience with handling animal tissues will be required.
- Candidates with previous laboratory experience in protein/DNA/RNA purification, PCR, westerns, and/or cell culture will be preferred.
- Ability to follow protocols to perform experiments.
- Willingness to learn new molecular/biochemical procedures
- The position requires organizational skills, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting.
Applicants should have a BA/BS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Genetics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.