Research Associate I (Technical Operations) - United States
Supervises and coordinates all study-related activities of research technical staff to ensure compliance with the protocol and applicable SOP’s and maintains the raw data for nonclinical studies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates assignments to facilitate scheduling of study-related events on assigned studies (in conjunction with other departments) to ensure protocol requirements are met.
• Scope of work is limited to routine studies of short duration, generally in small numbers of animals with some supervision.
• Responsible for the accurate preparation and review of study calendars from draft and final protocols and ensuring all protocol-driven activities are accurately scheduled.
• Monitors scientific projects, and the conduct of procedures in accordance with the study protocol, and applicable SOP’s.
• Acts as liaison between technical staff, internal departments and Study Director on assigned studies.
• Begins to communicate with Sponsor representatives (e.g., the Sponsor, or third party laboratories subcontracted by Charles River Laboratories, Preclinical Services or the Sponsor) on protocol-driven, study-related activities conducted by Technical Operations (e.g., shipment of biological samples in support of assigned studies).
• Responsible for the preparation of study notebooks, organization of study data, and timely review of all study-related data generated by Technical Operations (according to established metrics).
• May perform limited technical activities as needed.
• Participate in the team meetings.
• Coordinate ordering of study equipment and supplies.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Education: Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in related scientific discipline.
• Experience: 2 years of related experience in a GLP environment. Experience with research and investigative procedures, techniques and literature.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: LAT preferred
• Other: Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and data base programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet