Research Associate I (Pathology) - United States
Assist scientific staff by working under general guidance/supervision on basic scientific support, report development, regulatory compliance, and research
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare protocols and amendments if applicable.
- Review study file for accuracy of scope of work prior to study initiation.
- Provide input to pathologists on workload prioritization.
- Assist pathologists with client communication, project tracking, and coordination.
- Monitor key study events including deliverables to client with guidance.
- Prepare basic tables for pathology reports.
- May perform image analysis with guidance.
- Assist with microphotography, whole slide scanning and/or radiography.
- Label, edit, arrange/organize, and print digital images.
- Assist in the preparation of pathology reports as directed by pathologists using basic templates.
- Conduct basic literature searches.
- Provide quality control review of basic reports and pathology data with assistance as needed.
- Work with Regulatory Affairs and Compliance and the various laboratories to respond to audits, complete reports.
- Conduct scientific tasks with guidance as directed by the Study Director or Pathologist.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in biology, zoology, chemistry, pathology or related field.
- Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience. Experience in the biomedical research industry desired. Technical laboratory experience is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Demonstrate skills in technical writing, oral communication and customer service. Good computer skills, problem solving and attention to detail.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet