For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Research Associate I for our Safety Assessment site located in Durham, NC.
Assist scientific staff by working under general guidance/supervision on basic scientific support, report development, regulatory compliance, and research.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Prepare protocols and amendments if applicable.
- Review study file for accuracy of scope of work prior to study initiation.
- Provide input to pathologists on workload prioritization.
- Assist pathologists with client communication, project tracking, and coordination.
- Monitor key study events including deliverables to client with guidance.
- Prepare basic tables for pathology reports.
- May perform image analysis with guidance.
- Assist with microphotography, whole slide scanning and/or radiography.
- Label, edit, arrange/organize, and print digital images.
- Assist in the preparation of pathology reports as directed by pathologists using basic templates.
- Conduct basic literature searches.
- Provide quality control review of basic reports and pathology data with assistance as needed
- Work with Regulatory Affairs and Compliance and the various laboratories to respond to audits, complete reports.
- Conduct scientific tasks with guidance as directed by the Study Director or Pathologist.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research Associate I position.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in biology, zoology, chemistry, pathology or related field.
- Experience: 0 – 2 years of relevant experience. Experience in the biomedical research industry desired. Technical laboratory experience is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Valid driver’s license
- Other: Demonstrate skills in technical writing, oral communication and customer service. Good computer skills, problem solving and attention to detail.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet