Research Associate - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- To support the expansion of scale and scope of an in-house state-of-art recombinant antibody development, characterization, and purification facilities.
- To support initiatives to identify and establish higher-throughput technology and instrumentation of recombinant antibody isolation, analysis, and purification.
- To support biochemical assay development of recombinant antibody isolation, selection, and characterization.
- To support R&D initiatives by performing a variety of protein and antibody cloning/subcloning, expression, purification, and characterization activities.
- To support a variety of experiments in parallel, apply existing technical skills, and learn new skills.
- To support lab management duties including organizing several laboratories, organizing and managing existing lab database (antigens, antibodies, strains, DNAs, inventories), making and tracking common use lab inventories (reagents, consumables).
- Experience with bacterial transformation and mammalian cell transient transfection, as well as recombinant proteins and antibodies expression and purifications.
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques, including cloning/subcloing, site-direct mutagenesis, PCR oligo design, RNA/DNA purification and quantification, etc.
- Experience with protein expression and purification to support multiple-scale workflows: from medium-throughput small-scale capturing of numerous samples to medium preparative scale of lead candidates production and purification is preferred
- Experience with / knowledge of using automated protein purification systems, including crossflow filtration system is a plus.
- BS in Chemistry or Biology or equivalent.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.