Research Associate Fermentation Technology - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- You have a BSc or MSc in Biotechnology, Bio-engineering or similar with a speciality in biotechnological process development with some years of experience.
- You are experienced with large as well as small scale fermentation technology.
- You are experienced with downstream processing unit operations.
- You have experience with working with piloting and production facilities.
- You are interested in R&D and the development of novel biotechnological processes and have a critical scientific viewpoint.
- You can work independently and flexible, but are a team player and will work in collaboration with other scientists on the development of new production processes.
- You are willing to learn new techniques and expand your knowledge.
- You have an eye for detail, work accurately and aim for qualitative work.
- Experience in writing, optimizing, and following complex protocols and SOPs.
- Capability to manage multiple experiments within a single day.
- You are proficient with office productivity software.
- You are fluent in English.
- Knowledge about statistical packages such as R, Electronic Lab Notebook systems are a plus.
- You will develop novel fermentation processes and downstream processing unit operations in collaboration with a team.
- You will follow up work at piloting and production facilities.
- Preparing laboratory materials and samples for analysis.
- You will introduce and report novel techniques.
- Manage and coordinate complex experimental schedules within a broader team.
- Maintain, analyze and report experimental data.
- Collaborate with other scientists on experimental designs.
- You will take on general laboratory responsibilities and apply organizational and creative skills to improve lab operations.
- Maintain safe practices and work environment.