This job is currently Archived,
Research Associate Fermentation Technology Ghent Belgium,
Posted on : 26 January 2017
We are a spin-off company from Ghent University specialized in the development of biotechnological production processes of specialty carbohydrates. At this time 30 people are working at our company and the number of collaborators will expand significantly over the next years. Because of new projects, the R&D department is looking for a new lab technician to collaborate in the molecular biology team. The main tasks of this team are cloning, transformation and screening.
- You have a BSc or MSc in Biotechnology, Bio-engineering or similar with a speciality in biotechnological process development with some years of experience.
- You are experienced with large as well as small scale fermentation technology.
- You are experienced with downstream processing unit operations.
- You have experience with working with piloting and production facilities.
- You are interested in R&D and the development of novel biotechnological processes and have a critical scientific viewpoint.
- You can work independently and flexible, but are a team player and will work in collaboration with other scientists on the development of new production processes.
- You are willing to learn new techniques and expand your knowledge.
- You have an eye for detail, work accurately and aim for qualitative work.
- Experience in writing, optimizing, and following complex protocols and SOPs.
- Capability to manage multiple experiments within a single day.
- You are proficient with office productivity software.
- You are fluent in English.
- Knowledge about statistical packages such as R, Electronic Lab Notebook systems are a plus.
- You will develop novel fermentation processes and downstream processing unit operations in collaboration with a team.
- You will follow up work at piloting and production facilities.
- Preparing laboratory materials and samples for analysis.
- You will introduce and report novel techniques.
- Manage and coordinate complex experimental schedules within a broader team.
- Maintain, analyze and report experimental data.
- Collaborate with other scientists on experimental designs.
- You will take on general laboratory responsibilities and apply organizational and creative skills to improve lab operations.
- Maintain safe practices and work environment.
We offer an interesting job with a lot of variety and responsibilities in a dynamic young team of collaborators in a field with a bright future. This job is permanent and offers growth opportunities.
Zwijnaarde 9052 Ghent Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates