This job is currently Archived,
Research Associate Exploratory Pharmacology - TEMP 1y - Belgium
Posted on : 28 June 2017
- We are looking for a Research Associate to strengthen the Exploratory Pharmacology team within the Discovery department.
- He/she will be part of a team of Scientists and Research Associates, whose responsibilities are to outline the early pre-clinical in vivo/ex vivo proof-of-concept strategy, including selection of appropriate animal models (mechanistic and/or disease-relevant) and study design, and to develop supporting bio-analytical and pharmacodynamic assays, analyze data and interpret study results.
- You will be involved in the development, optimization and qualification of pharmacokinetic (PK), pharmacodynamic (PD) and immunogenicity (ADA) assays in support of these pre-clinical studies.
- Under the supervision of a team member, you will setup and perform the experiments, organize and analyze the data and write analysis reports.
- The diversity of the projects covered by the team ensures a dynamic environment, with exposure to a wide variety of assays and biological background information.
- You will develop, optimize and qualify pharmacokinetic, immunogenicity and pharmacodynamic assays to analyze the pharmacokinetic, immunogenic and pharmacodynamic properties of the Nanobodies
- You will perform sample analysis in above assays in support of in vivo or in vitro
- You will assist in monitoring of outsourced in vivo and in vitro
- You will analyze data and prepare written reports of your results in English.
- You will communicate results and observations to the team in English.
- You will actively contribute to project-oriented teams.
- Degree of laboratory technician (A1), industrial engineer or master in biochemistry/bio-engineering or equivalent, preferably with 1-2 years of relevant experience. More experienced candidates are encouraged to apply. Entry level will depend upon the level of experience.
- Proven general lab skills. Experience with the optimization of ELISA-based techniques and/or enzymatic assays and/or functional assays and/or cellular assays is a plus. Solid analytical and problem solving skills, and ability to analyze data
- Strong communication (verbal, written, interpersonal, listening) and mathematical skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet timelines in a fast-paced environment
- A pro-active approach and attention to quality, accuracy and detail
- A team-oriented attitude, flexibility, enthusiasm and ability to work independently
- Ability to document results, report and discuss experimental design and data in English
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)