Research Associate, Clinical Services (Veterinary Technician) Job - United States
Merck Research Laboratories South San Francisco, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., is focused on driving discovery research. Our new multi-disciplinary discovery research site offers state-of- the-art resources to explore the most promising science combined with Merck’s world-class R&D expertise in small molecules and biologics. Located within the heart of the Bay area’s biomedical community, research conducted in our new laboratories spans exploratory biology through early clinical development and is an integral part of Merck’s powerful world-class network of drug and vaccine discovery.
At Merck, we are inspired by the belief that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to scientific excellence can create medicines and vaccines that save and improve lives. Every employee is building on our proud legacy of scientific breakthrough. Our ability to impact the lives of patients worldwide depends on the integrity, creativity, humility and scientific acumen of our team. We are creating a diverse organization that is inspired by invention and founded on a culture of respect and collaboration. At Merck Research Labs South San Francisco, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills through collaboration with talented and dedicated colleagues while advancing your career.
The Research Associate, Clinical Services (Veterinary Technician) under the guidance of a Senior Surgeon, works to prepare innovative translational models to impact drug development and discovery and improve human health.
- Follows written protocols for survival surgery in rodents and small animals, has proficiency in animal handling, experience in the administration of both inhalable and injectable anesthesia, and perioperative care.
- The surgical procedures will include but not be limited to
- Heart failure models
- Fibrosis and chronic kidney disease models.
- Vessel and ductal cannulations for drug metabolism and other research purpose
- Implantation of radio telemetry devices.
- Independently carries out technical duties related to medical treatment, surgical assistance, dose and sampling, laboratory practices, supplies organization, and laboratory plus medical records management.
- Assists with work assignments, ensures completion and quality, and provides absence coverage for managing contract employee assignments.
- The ideal candidate will collaboratively contribute to research study design, data interpretation and presentation of conclusions and recommendations.
- Required: BS in Biology or related in vivo field
- Preferred: MS in Biology or related in vivo field
- Minimum of (2) years' experience in a Research in vivo field
- Minimum of (1) year experience in a Research Laboratory in vivo field
- AAALAS certification
The quality of our team is essential to our success. We are creating a new and innovative approach to rewarding our employees and establishing a comprehensive value proposition. Our competitive compensation program and benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for us all.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Primary Location: NA-US-CA-South San Francisco
Job Type: Full Time
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 4
Relocation Provided: None
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Medical, Veterinarian, Research Associate, Medical Research, Clinical Research, Healthcare, Veterinary, Research