Research Associate - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is currently recruiting for a Research Associate at our Carman Research Center.
- The Research Associate is a key member of the team responsible for assisting with Pioneer product testing in western Canada.
- The position requires successful execution of yield trials, disease and herbicide screening of Pioneer products and evaluation of breeding material products.
- Conduct field experiments.
- This involves selection of suitable testing locations, coordination of all field activities including seedbed preparation, planting, site and plot maintenance and timely harvest, and data collection and transfer as required.
- The Research Associate will also be responsible for training and supervising temporary staff during the growing season.
- Safe working attitude and safe operation of field equipment and vehicles is a must.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, agronomy, plant science or scientific-related field.
- 2-4 years relevant experience or equivalent level of relevant education and experience.
- Experience in field crop research an asset. Requires an individual with strong organizational skills, self-motivated and good interpersonal skills to foster teamwork.
- Mechanical aptitude to effectively operate, maintain and service sophisticated research equipment.
- Ability to use personal computer with Microsoft Office and software for data analysis.
- Possess or able to obtain a pesticide applicator’s license. Must be able to transport heavy equipment.
- Possess or able to obtain appropriate driving permit/s as required by provincial law.