Research Associate (Bioanalytical) - United States
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Research Associate (bioanalytical) for our Discovery site located in South San Francisco, CA.
Primary responsibilities for this position include preparation and extraction of ex vivo biological samples, quantitative analysis and data interpretation of various biological samples using LC-MS/MS and ligand binding assays, project planning to ensure projects are run to time frame and key milestones met and basic laboratory maintenance duties. Scientific literature searches and maintain accurate documentation of experiments
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research Associate position.
- Bachelor’s degree with bioanalytical/ biochemical component and 1-3 years of laboratory experience.
- Experience with HPLC and Mass spectrometry and chromatography in general is preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a flexible team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi task with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills to troubleshoot unusual or 'out of range' results.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet