Research Associate, Artificial Evolution - United States
We work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make an impact and help create a better world for those around us, for each other and for the next generation. We use science to advance industries, and as part of R&D, you will create and develop the biological answers that will pave the way for a brighter future.
Research Associate, Artificial Evolution
- Our company is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join the Artificial Evolution Group.
- The researcher will perform experiments to identify effective enzymes or improve enzymes for industrial applications.
- This person will be responsible for cloning and expressing candidate genes in microbial hosts.
- This person will also generate variant libraries and be involved in high throughput process to identify improved enzyme variants.
In this position, you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years research experience with recombinant DNA techniques
- Fundamental molecular biology and biochemistry knowledge
- Basic knowledge of molecular cloning techniques such as DNA & RNA isolation, PCR, microbial transformations, gel electrophoresis or recombinant protein expression
- Experience working with filamentous fungi preferred but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a team environment
- Our company is the world leader in biological solutions.
- Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives.
- As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future.