This job is currently Archived,
Research Assistant IV - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 08 May 2017
Responsible for performing highly complex laboratory work in collaboration with departmental staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform analysis of highly complex laboratory assays based on protocols and in compliance with SOPs and GLP regulations.
- Review, interpret and integrate data on assigned studies, using the assistance of scientific staff as appropriate.
- Record project data in accordance with GLP regulations to include creation of Laboratory Methods, data package assembly and assisting in the quality control of project work.
- Set up laboratory instrumentation utilizing departmental and instrumental software with minimal supervision.
- Troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation and perform basic maintenance.
- Develop, validate and conduct studies in collaboration with scientific staff in compliance with applicable regulations.
- With guidance, participate in and coordinate phases of the study planning process with appropriate departments.
- Assist in method development and refinement, and validation.
- May provide technical direction and mentoring to less experienced staff.
- Adhere to current health and safety regulations.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline.
- Six to eight years previous directly related laboratory experience in a pharmaceutical or contract laboratory environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Full understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), as appropriate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. and with standard laboratory calculations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our lab is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet