Research Assistant I - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Generate and record data with minimal supervision in the performance of studies.
- Responsible for handling and processing samples, and performing accurate data collection and reporting. Perform laboratory tasks by various basic methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform basic laboratory procedures and collect and record/document research data in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), study protocols and company policies/practices.
- Under supervision may act as lead/primary technician on basic studies.
- Input, print and edit computer entries (e.g., laboratory data).
- Prepare materials and data for shipment and archiving.
- Receive samples and complete tracking documentation.
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room setup.
- Maintain clean work areas.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S) or equivalent in laboratory science or related discipline required.
- Experience: Zero to two years related experience in biology, chemistry/pharmacy, or similar lab environment GLP experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Proficient in basic technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment.
- Knowledge of GLPs and other federal regulations and guidelines.
- Basic understanding of study design and protocols; able to read basic study protocols and extract pertinent information.
- Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors.
- Able to quickly learn and utilize computer programs as needed; previous computer experience preferred.