Research Assistant - Belgium
We are Urgently looking for a Research Assistant. Want to know company name or location? BrightOwl managed [?] Still accepting applications
Project is currently here
Research Assistant – Flow Cytometry and Serology
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager and working closely with Principal Scientists, the Research Assistant will work within a team focusing on the characterization of the cellular (ELISPOT and various flow cytometry assays such as phenotyping of PBMC, detection of intra-cellular cytokines, etc) and of the humoral (ELISA, Luminex, viral neutralization tests, etc) immune response.
Tasks include :
- Perform testing according to current standard operating procedures.
- Manage reagents inventories and orders.
- Participate to the technical management of the laboratory.
- Perform work according to internal quality standards, apply relevant Quality System procedures and participate to the continuous improvement of Quality documents.
- Attend relevant internal training activities.
Work from home: Not Allowed
International Travel: Yes
No. of Positions: 1
Skills and Expertise
Is a big plus
Is a big plus
Detail requirement and what we offer
Desired Skills & Experience
Profile of the applicant :
The applicant must hold a bachelor degree (or the equivalent) in a life science discipline such as biology, medical biology or biochemistry/biotechnology and demonstrate a relevant laboratory experience. Theoretical and practical knowledge of techniques related to cellular and humoral immunology is required. Experience in cell culture and handling infectious materials in BL2+ environment is an asset.
The applicant must :
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
- Be willing to actively participate to the generation, the implementation and the continuous improvement of laboratory processes.
- Be willing to work in a Quality environment (ISO17025, GCLP, GMP) and apply good documentation procedures (GDP).
- Be functional in French (spoken and written) and have a functional knowledge of written English. Knowledge spoken English is an asset.
What we offer
- Full time permanent contract, with possibility of rapid start.
- Diversified tasks and responsibilities and interesting projects.
- A professional, dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- A competitive salary package including benefits, adapted to your experience and the context