Research Assistant/Associate/Sr Research Associate Assay Development - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make an impact and help create a better world for those around us, for each other and for the next generation. We use science to advance industries, and as part of R&D, you will create and develop the biological answers that will pave the way for a brighter future.
- Research Assistant/Associate / Sr Research Associate - Assay Development and HTS
Research Assistant/Associate / Sr Research Associate - Assay Development and HTS
The Research Assistant/Associate/Sr Research Associate Assay - Development and HTS will be responsible for supporting the day to day functions of the HTS laboratory. The successful candidate will assist in the development of assays and application of these assays to high throughput screen design for strain development, artificial evolution and yield improvement programs in our automation laboratory. Tasks required include assisting in the programming of liquid handling instrumentation (Biomek FX), performance and validation of methods, routine assays, data handling and automation laboratory maintenance.
In this position, you need to have:
- BSs in the Biological Sciences and 1 or more years of experience in an academic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology setting required
- Academic or industrial experience with the performance of assays in 96-well plate or higher density formats is preferred
- Experience with automation using pipetting workstations, databases, JMP software, liquid cultivation of microorganisms, sterile technique and basic microbiological methods is also desired
- Working knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Our company is the world leader in biological solutions.
- Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future.
- Our company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.