Research Assistant/Research Associate - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain company's cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- This laboratory based position requires technical expertise in protein characterization and purification systems in support of ongoing manufacturing operations.
- He or she participates in monitoring and troubleshooting existing processes to build a detailed process understanding and developing process improvements consistent with cGMP. This position involves collaboration with process development, manufacturing, quality control, and quality assurance groups.
- Travel is limited to attending relevant professional conferences and workshops.
- Provide technical support for ongoing manufacturing down stream processes.
- Responsible for providing manufacturing with critical information necessary for maintaining consistent product supply, now and in the future.
- Participate in monitoring production processes.
- Participate in the diagnosis and resolution of production problems.
- Establish and maintain scaled-down models of down stream production processes.
- Test the feasibility of new manufacturing processes.
- Participate in the execution of small-scale validation studies.
- Bachelor's degree with 0-8 years experience or Master’s degree with 0-5 years experience in process development or GMP manufacturing.
- Technical proficiency that enables effective execution of well-defined experiments.
- Ability to follow procedures rigorously.
- Good verbal and written communications skills. Basic computer skills.