This job is currently Archived,
Remembering the City of Life - Belgium
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- Candidates hold an MA in literary studies (major in Italian) or Italian studies (major in literature), have a near-native competency in Italian and a high level of proficiency in English.
- We expect candidates to have strong research interests in literature of the Modernist period, and in particular in the relationship between literature and politics, the European avant-garde.
- The candidate will be appointed as a junior Ph.D. researcher for a period of 2+2 years, during which s/he will present the results of the research in conference papers, journal articles and book chapters. The final objective of the research project is a Ph.D. dissertation.
- The candidate is expected to be on campus for at least three or four working days a week, to participate in the collective activities of MDRN.
- The candidate is expected to assist in the organization of workshops and/or conferences related to the topic of the project, and may be asked to contribute occasionally to teaching.
- Our company offers an exciting research environment allowing young scholars to pursue their individual research goals in an independent way, but offering them at the same time the benefits of a strong tradition in collaborative research.
- Our university is a comprehensive research-intensive university that enjoys an excellent reputation worldwide.
- Arts and Humanities consistently rank among the top-5 universities in continental Europe.
- Our university is an historic and vibrant city located in the heart of Belgium.