This job is currently Archived,
Reliability Engineer, Product Development - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 08 June 2017
- Ensures the reliability of products developed within and for Microbial Solutions- these products include instrumentation, consumables and software.
- Works closely with the Product Development group through all phases of the product life cycle, including requirement development, design, testing and product release. Develops testing methodologies and approaches to induce failures that would be seen in customer environments, and assist in the development of solutions to prevent and reduce
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and defines the reliability strategy for products developed by and for Microbial Solutions.
- Develop product reliability and customer simulation testing plans for each product
- Develops testing environments that challenges the various products, utilizing automated testing processes where possible, and collecting failure data
- Leads systematic root cause analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and develops predictive maintenance plan and tools.
- Responsible for organizing, analyzing and presenting failure analysis, preventive/predictive maintenance, and troubleshooting information
- Executes tests on the various products while identifying areas of improvement to reduce product failure and user errors or confusion.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical preferred, Masters a plus.
- Experience: 5+ years in related field, with experience as a reliability or design engineer, preferably in an instrument product development environment and/or in high a tech, medical design or pharmaceutical industry.
- Data analysis experience, including Statistical Process Control, Reliability modeling and prediction, Fault Tree Analysis, and Six Sigma Methodology
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Reliability Engineering Certification, Six Sigma Black Belt a plus
- Other: Proficiency in MS Office (EXCEL, WORD, PROJECT) and lab instrumentation control software.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet