Release Management Specialist – Release Engineer Job - Singapore
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Release Management Office (RMO) – Release Engineer role is responsible for supporting the Release Management portfolio by assisting business and IT partners;
*In defining scope, strategy, schedules, and required funding for release management.
*Prioritizes workloads to project IT commitments and scheduled timelines.
*Provides technical expertise during design/architecture phases, and delivers services to program/project teams across the landscape of non-production and production environments.
The nature of the position requires excellent oral and written communication skills and proven leadership in complex team situations. The incumbent will ensure that all SDLC concepts are applied in accordance with company policy.
The position will interact with several levels in the organization and will be critical in establishing good relationships with numerous IT organizations and business partners
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Partnering with project leaders and delivery teams to develop and provide release management services across the IT solution lifecycle. This includes the development of release plans, definition and construction of development and test environments, establishing structured source code management practice, planning and executing releases and more.
- Participation in service evolution through development and adoption of practices that align with MSD’s Platform Initiative strategy
- • Working as an integral part of a the global Release Management organization set of services through MSD’s Singapore location to support IT activities in the region and across the company’s global footprint.
- Working closely across the service organization to help deliver a cohesive, integrated and coordinated capabilities that include Release Management, Testing, Change Management and Configuration Management
- Helping broaden the rollout, adoption and practice of Release Management standards and practices globally, with specific focus on expanding within Asia Pacific region.
- Based on capacity and driven by prioritization, support select global business capability programs through the development and implementation of RMO’s Integrated Lifecycle Management practices
- Assisting in the development, deployment, adoption and practice of innovative services such as deployment automation, code management, test data management, continuous deployment/delivery/integration and more in support of delivery, deployment and operational activities
- Learning business processes related to systems and functional work area being supported
- Supporting the deployment of continuous improvement and new capabilities within the RMO service catalog, focusing on application reliability and lifecycle cost optimization
- Ensuring releases/applications are deployed successfully and transitioned to operational status
- Promote the utilization of the methodologies and tools to improve service delivery.
- BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years applied work experience in application development and/or delivery. In addition, experience in IT Service Management and/or Operational Support is a plus.
- Affinity with pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Ability to be productive in an independent and a collaborative team structure.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with various levels of business leadership and operational teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in delivering presentations
- Prior hands on experience developing the full SDLC deliverable set.
- Proven process improvement skillset, demonstrating initiative and innovation.
- Project Management/Portfolio Management-resource planning skills.
- Working experience in Agile/Waterfall Program Management OR Managed Service Demand Management preferred.
- Experienced in the enabling integrated methodologies and tools including: ITIL/ITSM, Release Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Environment Management, Portfolio Management and Lean Six Sigma.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
Job: Service Delivery/Management Job Title:Spclst, Service Delivery/Management
Primary Location: APAC-SG-Singapore-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Manager, Construction, Pharmaceutical, Engineer, Lean Six Sigma, Management, Engineering, Science