Regulatory Residue chemistry expert - United Kingdom
Charles River Laboratories Den Bosch (www.criver.com) is a subsidiary of the US-listed multinational company Charles River Laboratories International Inc. The organisation employs ~ 10,000 staff worldwide. Our company here in the Netherlands is a well-known, internationally operating contract research organization. The company specializes in areas such as environmental and safety research for new and existing drugs, chemical substances and products. Quality-thinking is the essence of our company. Our clients are international pharmaceutical, chemical and agro-chemical companies.
The Regulatory Affairs department would like to get in contact with an enthusiastic
REGULATORY RESIDUE CHEMISTRY EXPERT
The regulatory residue chemistry expert is mainly responsible for the compilation of the analytical chemistry and the residues sections of substance and product dossiers for agrochemicals and/or biocides and MRL dossiers, which comprises evaluating and assessing the analytical and residue data and performing consumer exposure and risk assessments. You have a high level of expertise in this scientific regulatory field and hence, you will also advise clients on diverse regulatory as well as chemistry and residue issues, e.g. testing strategies, expert statements, etc. You coordinate projects in this field and coach employees. You work in a team of regulatory affairs scientists and experts as well as with colleagues from other Charles River departments.
- Relevant academic training, focusing on chemistry and/or plant sciences;
- At least 3 years of experience in the preparation of agrochemical and/or biocidal substance and product registration dossiers, focusing on at least the residues sections;
- High level knowledge of the (European) agrochemicals and/or biocides legislation;
- Knowledge of dietary exposure models in the EU;
- Capabilities to review and interpret all relevant data for the residue section;
- Knowledge of non-European agrochemical legislations is a plus;
- Good communicative skills, both oral and written;
- A team player with a pro-active, result oriented, enthusiastic, flexible and critical attitude;
- Commercial and strategic thinking.
- A challenging job in an international working team;
- The possibility to further develop in your area of expertise;
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment;
- An open culture in a pleasant and informal atmosphere;
- A position for 32-40 hours per week.
You can work from your home office, the offices at the Edinburgh/Tranent site, at our Harrogate offices, or at our Den Bosch, The Netherlands location.