This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 01 May 2017
- Our company is one of the world s largest independent biotechnology companies, with global revenue in excess of $18 billion and over 18,000 employees globally.
- For more than 35 years, our company has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient.
- Our company has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics, but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world.
- Your role will be to support one or more products from a regional (extended Europe) regulatory perspective.
- You will aim to ensure that company acquires and maintains all the required licenses in order to support clinical trials for investigational medicinal products as well as market commercially approved medicinal products. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance, with a focus on patient safety.
Ensuring the regional needs are well defined and implemented in collaboration with relevant regional stakeholders.
Strategy and Execution
- Plans and manages regulatory submissions (e.g. clinical trial and marketing applications) for products within company's portfolio in compliance with global filing plans and local regulatory requirements.
- Under general supervision, implements product related regulatory strategies, Regulatory Affairs processes and activity planning in accordance with national legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Provides content guidance for regional regulatory documents and meetings in accordance with global strategy
- Provides regulatory guidance on regional regulatory mechanisms to optimize product development (e.g. expediting FIH studies, Orphan Drug, Fast Track, compassionate use and pediatric plan)
- Supports regional label negotiation activities
- Under general supervision participate in the development, and execution of regional regulatory product strategies
- Obtains and maintains Clinical Trial Authorizations including Response to Questions
- Communicates regulatory strategies within team
- Under general supervision, develop predictions for expectations and risks associated with outcomes by regulatory agencies
- Maintains an awareness of new and developing legislation, regulatory policy and technical Regulatory guidance relating to company products.
- Performs regulatory research to obtain relevant histories, precedence and other information relevant to regional product advancement.
- Under supervision evaluates and communicate impact of relevant regional regulations, guidances, current regulatory environment and competitor labeling
Competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package including bonus scheme.
- BSc life sciences or related field
- In-depth experience of pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Broad experience of Regulatory Affairs and knowledge of regulatory principles
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations relating to medicinal products
- Ability to understand and communicate scientific/clinical information
- MSc/PhD in Life Sciences
- Awareness of the registration procedures in region for MA, post approval changes, extensions and renewals.
- Knowledge of drug development
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies
- Knowledge of and experience in regional regulatory environment in relevant product area and development stage
- Working with policies, procedures and SOP s
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Priority setting
- Team work
- Attention to detail
- Relationship building
- Time and project management skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and develop a course of action leading to a beneficial outcome
- Ability to anticipate and prevent potential issues
- Ability to work well with others in demanding situations with a positive attitude demonstrating tact, diplomacy and respect
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity to achieve results across both regional country and International borders.
United Kingdom Cambridgeshire; United Kingdom Uxbridge
Find a Job Find Candidates