Regulatory Affairs Environmental Fate Expert - United Kingdom
Charles River Laboratories Den Bosch (www.criver.com) is a subsidiary of the US-listed multinational company Charles River Laboratories International Inc. The organisation employs ~ 10,000 staff worldwide. Our company here in the Netherlands is a well-known, internationally operating contract research organization. The company specializes in areas such as environmental and safety research for new and existing drugs, chemical substances and products. Quality-thinking is the essence of our company. Our clients are international pharmaceutical, chemical and agro-chemical companies.
The Regulatory Affairs department would like to get in contact with an enthusiastic: REGULATORY ENVIRONMENTAL FATE EXPERT
The regulatory fate expert is mainly responsible for the compilation of the environmental fate sections of substance and product dossiers for agrochemicals and/or biocides, which comprises evaluating and assessing the environmental fate data and exposure modelling. You have a high level of expertise in this scientific regulatory field and hence, you will also advise clients on diverse regulatory as well as environmental fate issues, e.g. testing strategies, expert statements, exposure refinements, etc. You coordinate projects in this field and coach employees. You work in a team of regulatory affairs scientists and experts as well as with colleagues from other Charles River departments.
- Relevant academic training, focusing on chemistry and/or environmental sciences;
- At least 5 years of experience in the preparation of agrochemical and/or biocidal substance and product registration dossiers, focusing on at least environmental fate;
- High level knowledge of the (European) agrochemicals legislation;
- In depth and relevant fate and modelling knowledge and experience is a must, e.g. FOCUS, PEARL, PELMO, EUSES, etc.
- Chemistry and/or ecotoxicological knowledge is a plus;
- Good communicative skills, both oral and written;
- A team player with a pro-active, result oriented, enthusiastic, flexible and critical attitude;
- Commercial and strategic thinking.
- A challenging job in an international working team;
- The possibility to further develop in your area of expertise;
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment;
- An open culture in a pleasant and informal atmosphere;
- A position for 32-40 hours per week.
For more information about this job opening please contact Mrs. Jeannette Paulussen, PhD, Head of Regulatory Affairs, phone: +31 (0) 73 640 6700. If you are interested in this position, we invite you to either apply via our website www.crl.com or send your letter of application together with a curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can work from your home office, the offices at the Edinburgh/Tranent site, at our Harrogate offices, or at our Den Bosch, The Netherlands location.
Preferably to ‘advertise’ from the Edinburgh site and Harrogate office. And preferably with a term of e.g. 1 month-6 weeks to respond.