Regional Sales Manager North – Companion Animals Job - United Kingdom
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
MSD is recruiting a Regional Sales manager for our Animal Health organisation. This role will be field based covering North region with regular access to headoffice.
Reporting in to the Business Unit Director, this role is primarily responsible for achieving the annual sales and business objectives within a regional geography through a team of business Managers by coordinating the development, implementation and monitoring of the Territory Plans, ensuring alignment with Business Unit and MSD Animal Health objectives, while maximizing the marketing contribution for the overall business. The ability to motivate and develop people will be key to both this role and the overall success of the business
• This role is, in addition, responsible for:
o Leading, managing and motivating a team of Territory business managers
o Creating and engendering an environment of support and teamwork and a culture of inclusiveness
o Understand and deliver Sales Targets in lIne with the Business Unit and overall business plan
o Recruit, retain and develop individuals to the higherst MSD standards and competencies, leading by example
o Coordinating Sales, Marketing and technical activities within the field to deliver against the agreed Business unit objectives
o Coach and train all territory business managers in line with the company standards, policies and processes
o Set clear performance objectives, recognising and rewarding achievement while also managing areas of development
o Full understanding and implementation of Account Management Excellence model
o Ensure delivery of KPIs by tracking, monitoring and taking required action
o Identifies, networks and develops strong working relationships with key customers and customer groups including Key Opinion Leaders
o Providing development, support, motivation and direction to the wider cross functional team including marketing, technical, finance and cross business unit
• Select, develop and coach a professional sales team to meet and exceed company goals to ensure sustainable growth
• Managing the day to day activities of Territory Business Managers and ensuring a high standard of performance through effective development plans and regular reviews.
• Implement sales process to establish a culture of consultative selling to customer’s decision makers at all levels
• Implement sales targets and objectives in line with business requirements taking into consideration opportunity and market share
• Ensure Sales are tracked and monitored, employing corrective measures to ensure that activity meets business standards and targets.
• Proactively develop and maintain a culture of motivated and committed sales teams through ownership and responsibility
• Working collaboratively with marketing & technical teams to aid the sales process and deliver against overall marketing plans and campaign activity .
• Develop territory plans to maximise coverage of customer base and maximum return on investment
• Establish a planned program for sales coaching, working with Sales Manager Team on all aspects of the sales
• Analyse and manage data and market information to identify trends, potential challenges and customer needs
• Working collaboratively with all business units with an interest in the Customer relationship.
• Clear understanding and communication of all business policies and procedures including compliance and regulatory
• Perform all other duties as needed or required to maintain and grow sustainable business within assigned account base.
There will be a requirement to be away from home / overnight to attend business meetings and dependant on home location perhaps for field based activities
• Minimum 2 years Sales management in a sales environment
• Excellent understanding of Sales process and Account management.
• Good leadership and communication skills both orally and written
• Excellent coaching ability
• Persuasive with ability to influence others.
• Good level of financial and business acumen
• Understanding of the animal health environment is prefered.
• Competent use of Excel spreadsheets and Powerpoint to present data to a high standard.
Skill and Role Competencies
Leadership Behaviours Required:
• Act with courage and candour - Is appropriately assertive in speaking up and expressing own views and ideas at the right time
• Drive results - Set clear performance standards; overcome obstacles; hold ourselves and others accountable for achieving results.
• Foster collaboration - Shows commitment to collaboration as the normal mode of working and resolving problems.
• Build talent - Actively develop and support team to create high performing individuals and team ethics
• Make rapid & disciplined decisions - Make timely decisions at the right level with the right data, and support them once made.
• Demonstrates Ethics & Integrity - Adhere to the highest standards of trustworthy and ethical behavior in all interactions and hold others to the same standards; comply with all laws, policies and regulations; identify and address ethical issues without hesitation
• Sales Acumen – Proven advanced knowledge in partnering with customers, building sustainable relationships and leveraging customer insights to drive solutions and strategies across the organization that address previously unmet and evolving needs
• Business & Financial acumen - Demonstrates working knowledge of MSD’s core business structure and how own function contributes to and works within the organization
• Strategic Thinking - Has the ability to adapt current work processes, identifying opportunities that add value to the work, to the business and to our customers.
• Productive Communication Demonstrates the ability to deliver effective and influential presentations that are tailored to the target audience
• Problem solving - Gathers and analyzes data and effectively responds to new, complex or problematic situations; creates solutions that drive value for MSD and our customers, incorporating innovative approaches where relevant.
• Working across boundaries - Thinks and acts beyond one’s role. Demonstrates the ability to use knowledge of teams/ functions to help complete tasks and projects
• Commercial Analytics & Data Management - Demonstrates ability to independently analyse and evaluate data and challenge assumptions about scenarios and forecasts to ensure accuracy; makes ROI projections and articulates decisions based on analysis
• Strategic Business Management - Successfully demonstrates the ability to execute to plan and effectively integrates and manages changes to the plan; proactively diagnoses gaps in business performance and develops mitigation plans to account for gaps
• Customer & Market Insights - Identifies new opportunities to build profitable market share and sustainable competitive advantage with new or existing customers based on their needs and/or buying behavior and understandings
• Business Development Startegy & Execution - Demonstrates ability to independently coordinate input from individual business unit plans to facilitate integration with the corporate plan
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Recruitment Agency / Search Firm representatives please note:
MSD will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / search firms under any circumstances. In order to present CVs to MSD, your Recruitment Agency / Search Firm will have been invited to work on a specific vacancy and have Terms of Business signed and agreed with the relevant Recruitment and Staffing Regional Lead. Should you send CVs for a vacancy that you have not been specifically invited to work on to any employee at MSD (via email, post, internet, Taleo or any other method), these will be deemed the sole property of MSD. MSD will pay no introduction fee to the Recruitment Agency / Search Firm if a candidate is hired as a result of an agency introduction under these circumstances.
Job: Account Management Generic MAH Job Title:Regional Sales Manager North – Companion Animals
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-England
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Sales Management, Regional Manager, Law, Business Development, Sales, Management, Legal