Regional Sales Manager - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Would you like to be part of a dynamic organization which enables health care professionals to improve the lives of their patients in ophthalmology, microsurgery and other medical growth sectors?
- The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the generation of new business sales and profits (P&L) in a specific territory.
- Commits to an annual sales plan, writes specific objectives and forecasts orders and expected revenue on a monthly basis.
- The Regional Sales Manager must develop excellent product knowledge and an awareness of market conditions.
- Must report on his/her activities weekly and must represent the company in keeping with the highest standards of business ethics and professionalism.
- Responsible for communicating with management any ideas, market trends or competitive activities.
- Maintain currency of, and adhere to applicable GMP and ISO 9001 processes and procedures. Abide by state and federal employment laws.
- Attain or exceed yearly revenue and profit quotas for region of responsibility.
- Make scheduled personalized sales demonstrations to the MD and OD market in region of responsibility.
- Maintain, analyze and utilize territory records and other information to efficiently organize, plan, execute and measure results.
- Educate and follow up the Ophthalmologists, Optometrists and staff members on the operation, utilization and application of our product to insure overall customer satisfaction.
- Provide timely, accurate, and constructive written and oral communications to management regarding expected sales planned monthly activity. Operates a specific cost center (business) to control sales, expenses, inventory and accounts receivable.
- Develop and implement synergy opportunities among other companies, our company Meditec field service and other corporate partners when such programs arise.
- Note: Essential functions may not be limited to the tasks and responsibilities listed within this section. Ordering of essential functions does not necessarily reflect importance of item.
- Develop and implement creative and profitable marketing approaches to the individual demands of the representatives region.
- All paperwork and other requested information should be furnished in a complete and timely manner.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent. Three to five (3-5) years’ sales experience.
- High level of technical/ clinical product knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Exceptional negotiating and diplomacy skills.
- Develop expertise in product application and practice management implications.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid motor vehicle license.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hand tools, objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with his hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- 50% or more of time is spent traveling.
- With just under 25,000 employees, our company is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years.
- Our company develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.