Regional Sales Director - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Achieve or exceed sales objectives in their region.
- Attract, engage, coach and develop a high performing team of Regional Account Managers (RAM) in achieving or exceeding their territory sales objectives
- Conduct regular field visits and business reviews with RAMs, as well as customer visits to ensure that proper programs and messages are being utilized and commitments are followed through.
- Provide feedback (verbal, field coaching reports, etc.) following customer and field visits that address and support both business development and career development needs of the RAM.
- Lead RAMs in the development of Tactical Action Plans with marketing, promotional, and educational resources and ensure proper implementation.
- Create, build and maintain relationships and regular communication with physicians and key thought leaders.
- Responsible for leading RAM Team to develop new accounts and expand existing accounts
- Ensure a high level of expertise and service is delivered to all customers.
- Ensure the team effectively partners with all internal stakeholders on critical accounts.
- Develop, lead and facilitate team POA meetings
- Responsible for regular input on the US Brand Strategy for Soliris®.
- Provides input into forecasting and business management of annual promotional budget.
- Act with integrity in compliance with laws, internal policies and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, is a role model to the team.
- Conducts regular business reviews with direct manager to ensure attainment of corporate sales objectives, alignment of goals, and personal development plans of employee and staff.
- Proven track record of Employee Development & Performance Management
- Minimum of 10 years biopharmaceutical industry experience
- Extensive experience leading Manager-level staff and above and delivering results, preferred
- Experience in specialty sales, with hematology / oncology / nephrology / transplant / hospital or orphan drug preferred.
- Demonstrated successful experience with significantly expanding existing sales teams.
- Broad cross-functional experience in other commercial roles, such as Marketing, Sales Operations, Medical, National/Corporate Accounts, Managed Markets, Hospital Markets, etc.
- Demonstrates strong history of leadership and teamwork that has resulted in significant accomplishments within an organization.
- Degree in life science and/or business/marketing
- Advanced or Master’s degree ideal
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas