Regional Sales Director Industry, Microscopy (East Coast) Thornwood United States,
To strengthen our team we are seeking a
Regional Sales Director Industry, Microscopy (East Coast)
- The Regional Sales Director (RSD) will lead a professional sales team that represent the ZEISS company brand in a defined geographical region.
- The function will manage a defined sales region to meet or exceed Regional Budget orders/revenue goals (emphasizing revenue generation), expense control and profitability.
- The RSD will coach and mentor both a direct sales force (account managers) and a distributor network of dealers with a focus on selling the budgeted MICRO portfolio products in Industrial defined accounts.
- They will motivate both the sales and distributor personnel to reach their individual targets and make changes to meet the objectives if necessary.
- The RSD will also be responsible for defining the territories in the region as well as personnel for maximum penetration and meet the portfolio targets as well as reaching and exceeding the orders per headcount goals.
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree is required or better, preferably BS degree in Materials, Business or Finance
- Professional training in Sales Management with 3 to 5 years sales management and or sector specific experience is preferred
- Strong analytical and presentation skills are required
- Ability to manage employees of different performance levels.
- Must be able to successfully work as a team member and display leadership.
- Develop innovative solutions in challenging environments
- Ability to work in a high-pressure sales environment.
- Goal-oriented and a motivator.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management abilities and excellent written/oral communications skills are expected and expert working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of microscopy and image analysis is a plus
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
Find a Job Find Candidates