Regional Safety Manager, Florida Dade City United States,
Develop, implement, and administer safety and environmental programs consistent with the Company’s business objectives. This should be done under the guidelines of the Company’s safety and risk management programs as well as federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and standards. This includes involvement in defining safety and health requirements prior to bid, pre-job safety planning, and program development on successfully bid projects; coordinating/directing the evaluation of corporate policy and procedure compliance; and coordinating and assisting management in its effort to provide a safe, healthy work environment and cost-effective administration. Responsible for managing both the human and financial resources of the Safety Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and administer corporate accident, loss prevention and environmental programs and provide programs and guidance to the operating groups in order to meet corporate goals.
- Coordinate with operations management in development of specific safety and environmental programs and procedures to meet their safety and environmental responsibilities and requirements.
- Provide direction in interpreting and implementing corporate safety policies and procedures, and in matters relating to loss prevention techniques and standards compliance.
- Evaluate, develop, and manage efforts to mediate safety and environmental concerns/issues, e.g., accidents, agency inspections, client requests, etc., to ensure appropriate response.
- Ensure that management receives timely and concise notification of incidents, and provide follow-up information until the issue is satisfactorily resolved.
- Assist and ensure that the various operating groups understand safety responsibilities and accountability for safety performance. Communicate with their personnel and hold them accountable for the consistent administration and enforcement of company policies and procedures in order to meet corporate safety goals.
- Ensure that formal incident review meetings are held, that critical issues are properly resolved and that appropriate action plans are developed, and participate in any of these activities as necessary.
- Direct and/or assist with the required documentation and maintenance of information and see that the required reports are completed in a timely and concise manner.
- Direct and coordinate the preparation of routine safety performance reports, review accident performance and trends, and assist operations in implementing appropriate corrective action plans.
- Support the corporate drug and alcohol policy, including assisting Human Resources with the coordination of random testing, substance abuse awareness training, and overseeing test result confidentiality.
- Develop and monitor the effectiveness of various safety training and education programs, and assist in conducting such programs as required.
- Coordinate with and assist the Claims Manager and/or company insurance carrier in obtaining specific information as requested.
- Manage the human resources of the Safety Department to ensure that each operating group’s safety personnel requirements are met; also coordinate the career development and performance reviews of Safety Department personnel.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient administration of the Corporate Safety Department, safety personnel, and Corporate Safety Department budget as well as for directing, clarifying, and evaluating the department’s objectives and working relationships.
- Perform additional duties as requested by supervision.
Must be extremely organized and capable of independent action and decision-making within broad risk management, safety and health guidelines. Must be able to effectively delegate responsibilities to subordinates in order to satisfy responsibilities. Must have a thorough understanding of other support service functions/responsibilities, and a good working knowledge of business operations.
Educational and experience requirements include: Four-year degree (safety or business related major is essential); or a minimum of ten years of progressive safety management experience, with a minimum of five years of construction experience; availability to make routine trips to various offices and projects throughout Florida. Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management.
For nearly six decades, Primoris has built a reputation for taking on challenges that others will not setting the bar ever higher for ourselves and our industry with each project. Now, as we build a sustainable infrastructure that supports the growing needs of the nation and the world we reaffirm innovation, quality, service, and safety as our core values. And we remind ourselves that the pioneering spirit of yesteryear fuels the imagination of today.
Primoris Services Corporation (PSC) is ranked in the top 10% of the prestigious Top 400 Contractors List by Engineering News Record (ENR), having built projects throughout the United States as well as Latin America, South and Central America, and South East Asia.
We build great projects because we have built a great company and insist on great performance.
We are not accepting resumes from Third Party Recruiting Firms for this position. If you are an Agency or Search firm representative, contact the Primoris Talent Acquisition Manager directly for consideration. Primoris or its subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes and online response forms through this source. In addition, Primoris or its subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees on unsolicited resumes that are submitted to any member of the Staffing or Operations team. Primoris has established an approved vendor program for this service, and will only consider accepting submissions from those approved firms. For consideration in becoming an approved vendor, contact email@example.com.
Find a Job Find Candidates