This job is currently Archived,
Regional Product Manager Europe Brabrand Denmark,
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 10 April 2017
- Achieve maximum sustainable growth in sales and profits from Nutrition products in the allocated region.
- Be an inspirational cross-functional leader and efficiently navigating a functional organization
- Champion good leadership behavior and demonstrate company Core Values in your approach to colleagues and work activities in general.
- Ensure key understandings necessary for sales channels for Nutrition products to succeed are clear and effectively communicated.
- Support Sales and Application team to navigate the product and commercial offering within the industry
- Develop and maintain key marketing / selling tools for then BU within the region incl.product first choice lists
- Works with SAFI on shared industry plans and identify growth opportunities within industry teams and account development plans for S&T portfolio
- Feedback key market information back to the Global Product Managers
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
Business and Innovation
- Actively participate in industry teams and account teams to ensure development of the product range to ensure the best match between BU offering and market needs by input on new product development and ownership of launches
- Ensure effective roll out of product launches by working with Sales management Marketing, relevant regional Industry teams and Global Product Managers and Product Marketers.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive market data of BU sales in the region and opportunities within the industry; Budget responsibilities for the specific regions
- Measure business that has been won & lost, opportunities and risks in defined responsibilities (industry or accounts), report to application lab, industry teams, GPMs, quality etc and drive growth within region
- Support sales team on opportunities (must wins) and coordinate with all functions
- Follow pipelines identified as key for the BU in the region (incl. work with Sales and application team and keep tracking system SFDC) and identify new applications and market opportunities and feedback to Global Product Managers
- Support in selecting prototype customers to gain first feedback regionally prior to launch
- Regional execution of product portfolio strategy measurements
- Implementation of regional pricing strategies
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the regional/local product competitive landscape in case of a commercial lead position for a Research project
- Decide what support is appropriate to defend key businesses and achieve new wins from major profit opportunities.
- Ensure the necessary support is provided by BU and Global Product Manager to sales (eg. Innovations hrs approved, PSG activity, GPM visit, &)
- Ensure the BU and Product line strategies as well as key tactics are well communicated to counterparts in SAFI and other stakeholders
- Work closely with the industry teams, sales and application to deliver strategic initiatives
- Pro-actively feedback to BU and Global Product Managers on strategic initiative progress
- Implementation of regional pricing strategies incl. reaching target gross margin
- Develop as commercial lead product value proposition together with GPMs and SAFI
- Approve and refuse deals in Vendavo within the region.
- Discuss with Global Product Manager for deals below floor level
- Feedback to Global Product Managers on pricing architecture development
- Support sales channels as appropriate with suitable background information on drivers for price changes.
- Participate in key contract negotiations per request
- Ensure alignment in forecasting with sales force (APO) and highlight in demand meetings if deviating; Ensure accuracy of demand forecasting
- Regional accountability to ensure demand and supply balance for DIBM ensure good planning forecasts
- Ensure all logistical limitations from BUs are clear and understood by sales management. (eg. Minimum order Quantity, quantity per pallet, lead times &)
- Airfreight: ensure sales understand requirements to provide Global Product Managers necessary information to decide if airfreight will be approved. Approval sits with the Global Product Manager
- Ensure product returns from customer are only agreed to by Sales after BU approval is gained. Ensure such returns follow relevant policy.
Communication and Reporting
- Spontaneously and proactively share experiences of interest with the Industry team, Innovations, Sales & BU colleagues to either motivate others or even warn of potential issues
- Participate effectively in all BU review meetings as scheduled. Ensure other business activities are organized to allow your participation.
- Align Marketing and Communication activities in the region
KEY CHALLENGES / SUCCESS CRITERIA
Defend and grow the BU sales and profit across the region following the BU and individual Product strategies.
The success criteria for the position is via implementation of the defined product strategy to further grow and improve the short and long term profitability of the business, while fulfilling cost and WC targets set out by the BU Mgmt Team, the Global RPM Leader, The Supply Chain Organisation and /or the N&H Management Team.
Represent identified product developments or application developments as commercial lead and support effective roll out by securing the right market segmentation and regional launch plan. Strong connection with the relevant regional application groups both in helping them manage the opportunities as well as developing with them the right product ranges that fit the needs of the market and customer to achieve growth and profitability targets
- Food science degree, business science degree or other relevant qualifications to minimum Bachelor level or higher.
- Experience in global Food Industry environment.
- Business Experience and proven growth development
- Experience in relevant region
- Computer literacy Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc
- Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail, and analytical skills and a strong drive/energy
- High degree of professionalism & customer focus
- Highly developed written and verbal communication in English
- Effective time management & prioritization with multiple tasks, & proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly and constructively to change
- High degree of autonomy, self-drive and positive energy with a strong sense for communication.
- Sensibility to a variety of cultures
- Demonstrated can do attitude with positive approach to problem solving
- Able to demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Ability to influence effectively and build positive,and collaborative working relationships.
- Other language skills that are relevant in the allocated market
- Technical experience with BU range of products.
- Understanding of financial reporting.
- Good sense of humor.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Business Acumen
- Stakeholder Management
- Information Monitoring
- Building Trust
- Planning, Organizing and Executing
Need to demonstrate good level of development in the leadership model:
- Setting direction
Denmark Aarhus Brabrand
Find a Job Find Candidates