Regional Medical Liaison - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Yes, 50 % of the Time
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- To be a trusted partner, valued for the delivery of high quality clinical and scientific evidence, knowledge and support to external thought leaders, healthcare professionals and internal company colleagues.
- This role will involve working across the East Midlands and Yorkshire region.
- Overnight stays may be required.
- You do not have to be located in the territory must must be able to travel to and within it.
- Identifies, develops and maintains collaborative relationships with current and future external thought leaders and key regional healthcare professionals (HCPs)
- Responds to HCP requests for clinical / scientific information
- Works with IIT Manager to co-ordinate proposals around Investigator Initiated Trials (IITs)
- Provides support as required for ongoing IITs
- Delivery of scientific training to internal colleagues
- The provision of medical insight to relevant company colleagues
- Works in a compliant manner, aligned to the ABPI Code as appropriate
- Works in a compliant manner and contributes to the culture of the wider team in up-skilling compliance skills
- Works with Clinical Operations to identify potential sites for company-sponsored studies and provides feedback if appropriate
- Active involvement in the Grants and Donations process
- Attendance at national / international Congresses for the purposes of learning and provision of scientific support
- Contributes and adds value to scientific discussions with key collaborative groups
- University degree in a Science subject required. (Masters degree or PhD desirable but not essential)
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Medical or scientific - Haematology or Oncology experience essential
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter who can engender respect from Oncology community
- To have values consistent with company values
- Strong project management and Medical Affairs skills
- Advanced scientific / medical reading and writing skills
- Knowledge of NHS
- Team player
- Willingness to travel
- Innovative thinker – able to challenge the status quo for the greater good
- Ability to operate within a significantly changing environment
- Flexibility to work in a small and evolving business unit and contribute to its evolution
- To have good interpersonal skills and work well within the team