Regional Medical Liaison - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- The Regional Medical Liaison (RML) is a member of a field-based team of scientists who function as an extension of the Medical Affairs organization.
- RMLs are responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development.
- RMLs provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair-balanced manner and provide clinical/scientific support for our company and the Medical Affairs department at the direction of Medical Affairs management.
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with current and future Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and healthcare stakeholders in disease states of strategic importance to our company.
- Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, community and healthcare provider setting in both group and one-on-one settings
- Collaborate with Clinical Operations to enhance patient enrollment in company-sponsored clinical trials by identifying appropriate trial sites and interacting with investigators in ongoing studies
- Act as a primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated research.
- Develop and execute territory plans in alignment with regional and national plans of action (POAs)
- Assist in the reconnaissance of Market landscape determination and competitive intelligence including therapeutic trends and unmet needs within the appropriate disease states and marketplace and provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific information and opportunities to internal stakeholders
- Provide scientific support at medical congresses
- MSc or Health Care Professional (RN, Pharmacist, MD). Pharm D or PhD highly desirable
- 3-5 years clinical or medical affairs experience in hematology/oncology therapeutic area(s)
- Current working knowledge of local legal, regulatory, and compliance regulations and guidelines relevant to industry interactions with health-care professionals
- Ability to effectively partner and maintain relationships within the medical community
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills