This job is currently Archived,
Regional Medical Liaison - Inflammation & Immunology - United Kingdom
Posted on : 26 February 2017
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- The Regional Medical Liaison (RML) is a member of a regionally based team of scientifically qualified personnel within Medical Affairs - Immunology and Inflammation (I & I).
- The primary role of the RML is to engage with medical experts and other healthcare professionals (HCPs) at various phases of the product life cycle around areas of key scientific / developmental importance to company and its interests in I & I.
- The focus for RML activities will be in alignment with the overall medical plan and whilst the RML may work in close collaboration with other company functions the role is fully non-promotional in nature.
Role & Responsibilities
- Identify, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with the relevant current and future external medical experts and regional healthcare professionals (HCPs).
- Identify, develop, and maintain collaborative relationships with key academics in the field of immunology and inflammation.
- Deliver scientific interactions in response to unsolicited requests in accordance with the relevant company process.
- Act as a primary liaison contact to investigators with an interest in developing and conducting investigator initiated research.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Clinical Operations to support delivery of patient enrollment in company clinical trials through identification of appropriate trial sites and provision of feedback.
- Develop regional plans and execute in alignment with overall medical plan.
- Delivery of scientific training to internal colleagues.
- Provide medical insight to relevant company colleagues.
- Attendance at national / international congresses for the purposes of learning and provision of scientific support.
- Medical, nursing or science degree (essential).
- Postgraduate qualification (M.Sc, PhD) is highly desirable although not essential.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Relevant pharma experience in medical affairs / clinical operations with experience of Immunology and Inflammation is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable evidence communication skills, presentation skills and time management skills.
- Willingness to travel. Although this role will cover a designated company Region, support to cover other parts of the UK and Ireland will be expected as needed.
- Demonstrable team working capability.