Regional Medical Liaison GI / IBD (Germany, Austria & Switzerland) - Germany
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
We are committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals for the inflammation and immunology franchise as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. A rich portfolio of late stage assets in the field of inflammatory bowel disease offers a unique opportunity to potentially transform & improve the standard of care for patients suffering from these debilitating diseases.
- The Regional Medical Liaison (RML) is a member of a field-based team of scientists who function as an extension of the EMEA Medical Affairs organization.
- RMLs are responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development.
- RMLs provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair-balanced manner and provide clinical/scientific support for Celgene and the EMEA Medical Affairs department at the direction of EMEA Medical Affairs management.
- The emphasis of this position is in the close collaboration with Investigators, Clinical R&D, CROs and medical affairs functions to ensure optimized enrolment into the ongoing late phase development programs in IBD.
- This is a field-based position and requires professionals with established credibility to interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence.
- The position involves travel of more than 50%.
- Identify, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with current and future Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and healthcare stakeholders in disease states of strategic importance to Celgene.
- Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, community and healthcare provider setting in both group and one-on-one settings.
- Collaborate with the Clinical organization to enhance patient enrolment in Celgene-sponsored clinical trials by identifying appropriate trial sites and interacting with investigators in ongoing studies.
- Act as a primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated research.
- Develop and execute territory plans in alignment with regional and national plans of action (POAs).
- Assist in the reconnaissance of Market landscape determination and competitive intelligence including therapeutic trends and unmet needs within the appropriate disease states and marketplace and provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific information and opportunities to internal stakeholders.
- Provide scientific support at medical congresses.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Medical Affairs and/or drug development supporting specialty care compounds/products required.
- Clinical/protocol experience needed.
- 3-5 years clinical or medical affairs experience in inflammation/immunology; GI therapeutic IBD area experience highly desired.
- Medical Value proposition knowledge desired
- Current working knowledge of local (several countries of territory) legal, regulatory, and compliance regulations and guidelines relevant to industry interactions with health-care professionals.
- Ability to effectively partner and maintain relationships within the medical community.
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills.
- Overnight business travel of more than 50% is required.
- Completed MD, DO, PharmD, MSN, PhD or MS in a scientific discipline highly desired.
- IBD experience highly desirable.