Regional Manager – Perten Instruments, Inc. - United States
2. Portland ME US
3. North Conway NH US
4. Providence RI US
5. Akron OH US
6. Greenville DE US
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding sales opportunity? Stop your search! PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, experienced sales rep to accelerate our growth in the Food Industry. We have a strong portfolio in NIR and Rheology and we are looking to leverage that momentum to drive the expansion of our product line in the Northeast.
What We Provide
Perten Instruments, a PerkinElmer Company provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The ideal candidate will manage a territory which includes travel throughout the region, serving our current customer base, and bring significant growth. We are asking that the individual be highly motivated, have a team mentality for achievement, and have a willingness to learn new methods and technology. Ideally the candidate will have laboratory and/or process experience, at least two years of sales experience, a degree in science or like studies, and the motivation to succeed. Experience in NIR bench and process instruments a plus. Rheology experience including falling number, dough and flour analysis, along with basic chemistry knowledge will be considered highly desirable. The ideal candidate will live in territory covered and consists of ME, NH, MA, CT, RI, JF, DE, MD, VA, WV, OH, PA, VT.
- Responsible for achieving individual sales goals assigned to the territory.
- Development, implementation and execution of strategic business plan specific to the territory.
- Develop a strong, working technical knowledge of entire portfolio, scientific applications involved and end markets.
- Grow the Perten Instrument business in accordance with strategic business goals.
- Assess and actively communicate Revenue Recognition to minimize the sales cycle timeline.
- Demonstrate customer commitment through regular customer follow-up, timely complaint resolution and by acting as Voice of Customer (VOC) as appropriate.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other team members.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- BS in a Life Science discipline preferred, but would be open to other degrees of technical nature.
- Technical sales experience a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals/activities.
- Exceptional negotiating skills.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- Willingness for 40-50% overnight travel.
We look forward to hearing from you!