Regional Field Svcs.Tech.Specialist - Germany
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Regional Field Service Technical Specialist for our Microbial Solutions division. The position will be located in theCologne, Dusseldorf or Dortmund areas of Germany.
Summary of Position:
- Provide customer-facing technical repair and maintenance services for endotoxin, rapid bioburden and microbial detection laboratory instruments on site at customer locations.
- Schedule and perform on-site service visits within an assigned region for product installations, annual qualification, routine preventive maintenance and analysis of product performance.
- Provide technical assistance and problem resolution to customers via telephone, email, or on-site communication.
- Complete all required field service activities and documentation as assigned based on specific product, customer and/or standard operating procedural requirements.
- Participate in identifying and developing service contract sales opportunities through up-selling; promoting the customers’ conversion from billable to contract coverage.
- Assisting field sales personnel in product demonstrations, new customer training, and product validations.
- Responsible for completing all service and compliance documentation as required by company policy, cGMP and FDA.
- Responsible for resolving client testing laboratory instrument service issues.
What You Will Receive:
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Company car
- Opportunity for growth within the Sales/Service group and Charles River
- Competitive compensation package with excellent benefits
- Tight-knit team environment within a forward-thinking organization
Minimum Requirements related to the Regional Field Service Technical Specialist position:
- University degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology or equivalent experience in the field
- 2 - 4+ years of related experience
- Fluency in German and strong English language skills
- Ability to work in a home-based office
- Frequent travel, sometimes with short notice
About Microbial Solutions
Our Microbial Solutions business group has a comprehensive portfolio of endotoxin testing, microbial detection and microbial identification products and services is unlike any other, and has been purposefully designed to meet the complex and ever-changing needs of the industry. We help clients to ensure product safety and quality with easy-to-use yet robust testing solutions that satisfy regulatory requirements, support critical decision making and improve operational efficiencies.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.