Regional Field Service Technical Specialist - Germany
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- For nearly 70 years, our company employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies.
- When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe.
- Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform.
- In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
- We are seeking an experienced Regional Field Service Technical Specialist for our Microbial Solutions division.
- The position will be located in the Hamburg, Germany area and surrounding territory.
- Provide customer-facing technical repair and maintenance services for endotoxin, rapid bioburden and microbial detection laboratory instruments on site at customer locations.
- Schedule and perform on-site service visits within an assigned region for product installations, annual qualification, routine preventive maintenance and analysis of product performance.
- Provide technical assistance and problem resolution to customers via telephone, email, or on-site communication.
- Complete all required field service activities and documentation as assigned based on specific product, customer and/or standard operating procedural requirements.
- Participate in identifying and developing service contract sales opportunities through up-selling; promoting the customers’ conversion from billable to contract coverage.
- Assisting field sales personnel in product demonstrations, new customer training, and product validations.
- Responsible for completing all service and compliance documentation as required by company policy, cGMP and FDA.
- Responsible for resolving client testing laboratory instrument service issues.
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Company car
- Opportunity for growth within the Sales/Service group and our company
- Competitive compensation package with excellent benefits
- Tight-knit team environment within a forward-thinking organization
- University degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology or equivalent experience in the field
- 2 - 4+ years of related experience
- Fluency in German and strong English language skills
- Ability to work in a home-based office
- Frequent travel, sometimes with short notice
- Together with your team colleagues (m/f), you will set up and continuously improve a broad-ranging pharmaceutical quality management system for the areas of GCLP, GMP and GCP.
- You will also prepare, review, approve and revise regulatory documents (such as SOPs, plans, reports, manufacturing specifications) and assist in preparing PQRs