Regional Account Specialist Manager - Microbial Solutions - United Kingdom
Charles River (company)
Department Marketing Statement
Charles River is one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 10,000 employees in 26 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services. At Charles River, we take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health. Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
Position to be based in EuropeResponsibilities
Drives the on-boarding of new customers and continued customer satisfaction of our clients. Responsible for the installation, initial training and validation/application support for customers, insuring full and continued utilization of Microbial Solutions products. Responsible for providing technical guidance in support of the Account Management teams across the Microbial product line. Manage activities of assigned group to meet revenue targets and goals for the business.
- Lead Account Specialist teams to support customer onboarding, qualify leads, demonstrate added value and close new business opportunities by providing technical support during customer start up and continued account management.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the Account Specialist team to support customers and the Account Management and Global Accounts team.
- Provide training and technical support to the team; analyze customer data and validation plans.
- Recommend or perform remedial actions to troubleshoot customer issues related to instrumentation, application, reagents and software.
- Establish regular interface and communication with the Account Management and Field Service team to relay shared goals and targets; develop co-strategies to achieve defined targets; and work cohesively as a team to provide excellence in service to clients.
- Work with Account Management and Global Account team to generate major account specific sales strategies to close opportunities.
- Develop and implement short- and long-range marketing and sales objectives, strategies and tactics required to meet the business’ growth and profitability objectives.
- Manage field sales personnel to achieve assigned objectives. Provide annual forecasting and quarterly review of forecasts for the district as well as each individual sales territory.
- Develop major and established customer accounts through Customer Service and production and support activities.
- Develop sales and pricing strategies, identify and capitalize on market opportunities, adjust strategies to reflect changing conditions
- Maintain contact with key customers and participate directly in sales for key accounts as well as assigned territory.
- Initiate arrangement requests required for participation in trade or other convention programs.
- Implements follow up and needs assessment for sales training.
- Establish and maintain technical training program for current employees as well as new hires within district.
- Manage activities of assigned group(s) to ensure effective performance of function.
- Interview and select qualified departmental personnel. Recommend, review and approve personnel actions, including hiring, promotions and raises. Partner with Human Resources in the handling of disciplinary issues. Prepare and/or approve appropriate personnel action paperwork.
- Identify training and development needs of direct reports. Develop and oversee the implementation of departmental training programs, including orientation; monitor training programs to ensure ongoing effectiveness.
- Monitor performance of direct reports. Provide regular coaching and counseling. Prepare and deliver salary and performance reviews; review and approve performance and salary appraisals initiated by direct reports.
- Follow industry trends to keep abreast of the markets.
- Grow partnerships with industry thought leaders to help support our product lines through presentations and papers.
- Support and affirm the company policy through Affirmative Action.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) required. Master’s degree preferred.
· Experience: Minimum 8 – 10 years relevant industry experience, with at least 5 of those years with direct client interface experience required.
· Certification/Licensure: None.
This information will be used by Charles River for the purpose of recruitment and selection only and the administration thereof. The personal information that you give us will also be used in a confidential manner to help us monitor our recruitment process. In the event you are recruited, your data will not be used other than in the normal course of business and the administration of your employment with us. We may check the information collected with third parties to ensure its accuracy and we may also use or pass to certain third parties information to prevent or detect crime or in other ways as permitted by law. By submitting this application form to us, we will be assuming that you agree to the processing of sensitive personal data in the manner described above.
Note for Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Charles River Human Resources Department are currently managing this vacancy internally. Agency support will only be sought, if necessary, after the short-listing process has been completed.
In the meantime, Recruitment Agencies are respectfully requested not to contact the HR Team.How To Apply
To apply please send a full comprehensive CV to the Human Resources Department, MAR-HR@crl.com. Many thanks