Regional Account Manager Zürich Switzerland,
Regional Account Manager – Rare Diseases
Reports to: Associate Director, Sales Austria and Switzerland
Location: Switzerland region Basel Bern ( center )
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World's Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts' Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion’s aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Professionally represent Alexion in the field and ensure high levels of visibility and customer satisfaction in territory. Implement the Alexion sales/marketing disease, diagnostic and branded education awareness programs. Maintain effective communication and relationships with key external and internal customers.
- Consistently achieves or exceeds sales objectives in assigned territory
- Develop and maintain strong in-depth clinical, technical and scientific knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to successfully seek out and qualify leads and profile new accounts
- Demonstrates the ability to educate on the diagnostic approach to the disease leading to a successful differential diagnosis and appropriate testing of patient populations
- Execution of local promotional activities and programs for therapeutics areas
- Tracks activities and submits reports on sales activities accurately & on-time
- Proactively interacts with Alexion management to refine product and market initiatives
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Launch our new complement inhibitor Ultomiris®
- Provide scientific/medical information (PNH Ultomiris® / re/gMG + aHUS Soliris®/ HPP Strensiq®) to opinion leaders and decision makers.
- Implement Alexion commercial strategy within targeted key accounts/hospitals – Achieve commercial goals
- Identify and communicate to Alexion the environment and requirements of the key accounts
- Build a solid network of effective and trustful relationships with key accounts/hospitals/decision makers and influencers
- Secure access to Soliris and Strensiq for all appropriate patients
- Involved in the elaboration of the country marketing plan by developing and implementing a regional Territory Action Plan
- Be aware and report on the health care policy changes and their impact on Alexion’s business
- Prepare and conduct medical / educational and promotional presentations to external audiences of customers and stakeholders, with the support of the MAM.
- Multiple launch coming of life saving therapies in 2020
- Proven, documented track record for delivering consistent, ‘Top-tier’ sales results
- Preferably 5 years’ experience of hospital business, preferably in niche markets/orphan drugs
- Experience and background in Rheumatologists, Neurology, Nephrology, Hematology specialties is a +
- Ability to work effectively self-governing
- Ability to gain consistent access & develop strong, professional relationships for scientific exchange and promotion with healthcare providers in community and academic centers
- Ability to successfully resolve issues
- Able to recognize market opportunities and act quickly
- Innovative way of thinking/acting
- Team player & networking ability
- Knowledge and understanding of country pharmaceutical regulations
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Degree in life science or a qualified health care professional
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones
Find a Job Find Candidates