Regional Account Manager - California - United States
|External Posting Title||Regional Account Manager - California|
|Job Description||The RAM is accountable for securing profitable access for all Biogen products and serves as the single face of Biogen for their account(s). The RAM is responsible for developing and evolving the strategic operating plan for their key regional accounts and managing the customer(s)’ business. The RAM is also responsible for managing the market access for the local geography in which they are assigned. They are responsible for managing their customers’ entire book of business (commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, including Specialty Pharmacy Distribution, etc.) They need to have a deep understanding of the regional marketplace trends, as well as the customer’s business model and growth strategies to help establish relationships with key executives and look for innovative ways to drive Biogen's business. |
The RAM needs to lead regional internal teams, inclusive of regional business leaders, to create local and regional strategies to optimize product revenue, ensure profitable access (pharmacy and medical benefit), maximize outcomes, execute service agreements, develop customer initiatives, execute profitable specialty pharmacy distribution, etc. The candidate is responsible for initiating interactions with cross functional partners, providing key customer insights including quarterly business reviews and reporting on regional marketplace issues or opportunities, product and innovation progress on an ongoing basis.
Essential Functions of the Job:
1. As the main point of contact for Biogen, must secure profitable access in both pharmacy and medical benefit for all Biogen products with all segments of the customer business (enterprise approach); monitor and report on product profitability and performance.
2. Demonstrate the value of our products, services and Biogen to position Biogen as a leader in the industry.
3. Influence the customer’s access strategies for the BU portfolio; negotiate product contracts, service agreements, data contracts and distribution agreements.
4. Manage and monitor contract compliance working closely with contracts and pricing team to ensure appropriate execution of all business agreements and maintaining profitability for Biogen (rebate, distribution, data, and service).
5. Direct customer initiatives and special projects.
6. Lead the interactions of TeamUp meetings with cross collaboration with field leadership.
7. Identify and influence customer and market trends to ensure Biogen strategic business objectives are met.
8. Direct the broad internal stakeholder team to implement customer and product strategies for the local and regional marketplace, and ensure Biogen goals are achieved.
9. Responsible for communicating key customer insights and market trends to HQ personnel helping to shape current and future strategies.
10. Responsible for the development and implementation of major customer initiatives.
11. Identify market access and reimbursement trends, and proactively communicates information in a timely fashion to field personnel and leadership.
12. Responsible for developing strategic customer business plans aligned to Biogen Business Framework and MA&R objectives with key insights regarding regional market trends affecting the customer and Biogen.
|Location||United States, Field Locations|
|Job Category||Sales & Marketing|
|Qualifications||Creative and strategic thinking; superior cross functional leadership; strong depth of knowledge and skills in negotiations across all lines of business; excellent communications skills; an analytical approach to business problem solving; strong project management skills; supervisory experience. Demonstrated success in payer account management as the enterprise lead. Ability to lead and manage regional multi-geography initiatives and projects. Act decisively and seize accountability. Ability to interact with cross functional leaders and work across functional groups to build consensus and action.|
• Minimum of seven plus years biotech/pharma experience required
• Five plus years in managed markets required; strong understanding of the healthcare market
• Experience in development and execution of customer relationship marketing which includes negotiation and management of business agreements required
• Expertise in specialty and biologics preferred
• People management experience strongly preferred
• Expertise in pharmacy and medical benefits coverage policies preferred
• Experience or exposure in MS, Neurology or Rare Disease field sales experience a plus
|Education||Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Level or above degree preferred. Advanced training in relevant market access disciplines a plus.|
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Account Manager, Biotech, Regional Manager, Manager, Marketing Manager, Sales, Science, Management, Marketing