This job is currently Archived,
Regional Account Director (RAD) - United Kingdom
Posted on : 26 January 2017
- Our company is on a transformational journey and are currently seeking exceptional Regional Account Directors to join their company Diabetes Business Unit.
- Well recognised as pioneers of Key Account Management principles, as a RAD you will personally champion this methodology across your region and work in collaboration with other sales teams and corporate functions.
- Your primary responsibility will be in leading, developing and implementing the strategy for your regional business plan and financial objectives with rigour and precision.
- Our RAD’s understand their business as if it were their own.
- Through their deep understanding of regional account performance they align their business objectives to both the central company strategy and to NHS customer needs across the local health economy.
- By effective utilization of resources, including dedicated regional Customer Account Specialist support, you will be successful in securing appropriate access and coverage to deliver against your plan.
- As an expert of your region, you will enjoy developing deep customer knowledge and bringing forward insights and new business opportunities for the company business.
- To construct, present and agree with the Divisional Sales Director the financial objectives, promotional strategy and tactics for the Region as part of business planning process.
- To provide line management to the Customer Account Specialists including leading, monitoring, motivating and inspiring the team.
- To be accountable for the delivery of the plan across the diabetes portfolio of products, working with other field teams, their line management and company Head Office functions.
- To leverage support for products, ideas and projects across a local health economy and to contribute to the development and mobilization of local and national brand advocates.
- To maintain a detailed knowledge of national policy objectives and drivers and apply this to identify opportunities for growing the business at a Regional level.
- To ensure that all knowledge management and CRM systems are maintained in accordance with company standards, possess a thorough understanding of the provisions of the APBI Code of Practice, remaining compliant with company SOPs and policies.
- You will need to demonstrate outstanding key account management skills with an entrepreneurial drive to work with minimal direction.
- Preferred candidates will have substantial proven sales success within the pharmaceutical (or related industry) sector with the willingness and ability to manage customer relationships at all levels from Primary Care GPs & Nurses to KOLs, Meds Management & Payors in Secondary Care.
Additional skills required:
- Degree educated in a science or business related subject or equivalent qualification
- ABPI qualified preferred
- Exceptional business planning and account management skills
- High level leadership and people management skills
- Sound understanding of the UK Pharmaceutical industry, including NHS policies, structures, funding streams and processes.
- Strong commercial acumen and budgetary management skills
- Proactive and accountable with a clear drive for delivery of the plan.