This job is currently Archived,
Region Diversity & Inclusion Leader - Belgium, United Kingdom
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 26 January 2017
- The Region Diversity & Inclusion Leader position consults with senior business and HR leaders within the region to ensure the new, transformative Enterprise Diversity & Inclusion strategy is pulled through/ implemented in a consistent manner.
- This position ensures regional strategic insights are identified and built into innovative regional Diversity & Inclusion strategies, where appropriate.
- This position provides Diversity & Inclusion expertise to HR and Line Leaders in the region and ensures their direct reports do the same with the intent to deliver outcomes.
- Reporting to the Head of Global D&I Enterprise Strategy and North America Region this position will also ‘double hat’ to lead the development of enterprise-wide approaches for programs such as sponsorship, unconscious bias training, inclusion interventions, etc.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
In order of importance, briefly describe, in sentence form, the major responsibilities of this position (principal duties and responsibilities of the position) as it exists today. Describe the job, not the person in the job. Each item listed below should be a major responsibility of the position, not a day-to-day activity.
Typically, job descriptions should contain no more than seven or eight major responsibilities ranked in order of highest percentage time to least.
- Regional and top 2-3 key country leadership for pull through of the transformative, enterprise D&I strategy.
- Position will make the enterprise D&I strategy regionally relevant.
- Develop and implement innovative, enterprise-wide strategic programs (e.g., sponsorship) aligned to strategy (e.g., inclusion strategy).
- Provide strategic insights to influence the enterprise-wide strategy based on regional differences (e.g., external influencers and external and internal/cross-sector workforce trends and potential shared strategies to address).
- Identify strategic regional opportunity areas that are cross-sector/business within the region and influence methods of approaching pull through of enterprise tactics at a total region level
- Use regional demographic insights to ensure enterprise strategy is regionally relevant
- Member of Regional HR Leadership team
- Consult/partner with Regional/Country HR Leads to drive common approaches across the region (e.g., strategy to better develop and leverage ERGs and Diversity Councils, regional communication strategy/tools, build HRBP capability)
- Partner with Regional HR Leaders and Talent director on the regional talent strategy aligned to the enterprise D&I strategy and furthering representation
- Drive integrated D&I solutions in partnership with Talent Acquisition, Global Talent Management and other key strategic partners to deliver against regional talent priorities
- Build capability in HR partners to develop integrated D&I solutions
- Consult with HR and business leaders on implementation of enterprise strategy and program (e.g., metrics and accountability; sponsorship, inclusion, relationship capital, unconscious bias, regional D&I Advisory Boards; serve as a coordination point cross-country/sector/business; thought partner for regional/country HR leadership).
- Develop and lead change management associated with driving the new strategy throughout the organization.
- Provide insight on external influencers specific to the region and directly manage relationship support for external organizations within the regions.
- External benchmarking for best in class approaches to D&I in large global organizations.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
Key requirements will include
- Diversity & Inclusion content and advances
- Strategy development
- Business acumen and analytics
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in any specialization
- Required Years of Related Experience: 10 years of related experience; experience operating globally
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Uncompromised requirements for the role):
- Experience shaping and implementing global business and/or organizational strategies
- Experience leading global, transformational change management initiative in a matrix environment to drive accelerated adoption, implementation and results
- Experience developing and implementing integrated solutions
- Analytical mindset
- Strategic talent mindset
- Business acumen
- Comfortable handling ambiguity and fluid situations; demonstrating a pragmatic approach is required
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentations
- Ability to collaborate, connect and influence executives and senior leaders
- A sense of urgency and ability to deliver outcomes
- Travel on the Job
- 30% of travel required
- Preferred Minimum Education: 4 years’ college degree (Bachelor) or MS preferred
- Preferred Area of Study: Business, Technical, HR or related discipline is preferred
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of external offerings (learnings, preferred vendors, data, studies)
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset.
- We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.