This job is currently Archived,
Real World Evidence Manager Weston United States,
Posted on : 10 July 2017
- The main responsibility of this person would be to provide execution, expertise, direction and input in strategy for Real World Evidence (RWE) generation in the US to further enhance the medical value of company products and therapeutic areas for the MVLs and MSLs to be used with Payers and Providers, respectively.
- This person will proactively monitor and analyze the state of the art in RWE generation and health outcomes research/CER on a continued basis to guide strategic and tactical oversight within US Medical by using innovative, scientifically robust approaches to phase IV and Life Cycle Management products as well as utilize RWE generation to inform company s clinical trial programs.
- This role will serve as the US Medical and US Market Access & Reimbursement (MA&R) primary contact and lead for scientific research collaborations with US External Stakeholders (Payers, Providers, Advocacy and Policy) and will have the responsibility of understanding the changing healthcare landscape and how the RI2 will need to implement innovative approaches in generating value based medical outcomes.
Role and Responsibilities
- Designs and implements innovative, scientifically robust health economics and outcome studies through use of internal databases and analytics team, managing external vendors, and/or research collaborations with Providers or Payers, primarily to support the value proposition for phase IV products in an evolving US healthcare system
- Deliver on innovation and customer centric service through identification and delivery of innovative opportunities for building the medical value of in-market (new indication/indication expansion) and pipeline products
- Collaborate cross-functionally with US and Global company stakeholders (e.g., Medical, Commercial, and Market Access teams) to identify onging evidence requirements in the context of the evolving healthcare landscape
- Become an integral member of the Real World Data LCMF team focused on health outcome, pharmacoeconomic and CER study proposals to critically evaluate the design, endpoints and scientific merit of proposed research.
- Collaborate with the Global Market Access team to provide medical input into the development of BIM, CE models and retrospective claims analysis
- Collaborate with MA&R, Medical Directors, Worldwide Medical, and Marketing teams to provide medical input into the development of key initiatives, resources, tools, and training.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Managed Markets (5+ years) and/or in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix reporting structure (3+ years).
- Knowledge of clinical trials, epidemiology, registries, drug development and outcomes research (HEOR and CER). Thorough understanding of research methods, health outcomes research and pharmacoeconomic evaluations and related disciplines.
- Strong project management skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate within a large organization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management capabilities
- Independent and able to solve complex and challenging problems using innovative strategies
Advanced scientific/medical training equivalent to PhD (in health services research, health economics or relevant life sciences discipline), MD, or Pharm.D required.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Marketing Manager, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Scientific, Science, Marketing, Management, Engineering
Weston MA US
Find a Job Find Candidates