At UCB , we put heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation .Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Real World Evidence Practice team, based in our Headquarters in Belgium we are looking to fill the position of Real World Evidence (RWE) Lead.
Do you thrive on synthesizing information once your analytical expertise has done its job? For UCB, you as a ‘synthelytical’ person. This remarkable blend of talent means you are expert at examining and unifying diverse factors in the interest of patients.
As a UCB ‘ synthelytical’ person and Real World Evidence Lead you like to work in an environment where you can:
- Work with data on the strategic level
- Engage in the cross - functional projects with the possibility to contribute with your innovative ‘out of box’ thinking
As a UCB ‘synthelytical’ person and Real World Evidence Lead you will contribute by:
- Driving identification (mapping) and facilitating access to the ‘best’ RWD source(s) to enable the execution of RWE tactical plans through acquisition or partnering with data owners
- Establishing access to appropriate analytical tools and data platforms; enabling technical evaluation by relevant subject matter experts including the RWE analysts
- Confirming selection and appropriate use of suitable database study designs for studies in collaboration with RWE Lead/Scientist and RWE Methodologist
- Liaising with internal stakeholders concerning data acquisitions, and patient registry development/partnerships, etc. usability and re-usability of data
- Ensuring compliance with the HIPAA rules, data privacy and protection rules, audits RWD sources on appropriate use
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of real-world data source(s) gained through the successful creation and/or administration (5+years) of a real-world data source(s) such as EMRs, administrative claims databases, patient registries, etc. and/or delivering a wide variety of global and/or local RWE projects from conceptualization to publication (8+years) within the pharmaceutical industry or with a recognized expert consultancy or academic center of excellence
- Master’s Degree, while Ph. D. is preferred
- Good background knowledge of industry trends and best practices, specifically related to epidemiology/outcomes research
- Good knowledge and understanding of applicable regulations in pharmacovigilance and clinical development
- Expertise in the EU5/US healthcare environment (and changes therein)
- Understanding of pharmaceutical business models and cultural drivers
- Proven ability to write/edit scientific communications (abstracts, poster presentations, podium presentations, manuscripts, etc.)
- Drive for innovation and creativity, Visionary, strategic and tactical capabilities
Job Segment: Database, Epidemiology, Public Health, Pharmaceutical, Pharmacovigilance, Technology, Healthcare, Science